The game of Anamules is simple and fun to play. For certain shot-related outcomes, there are different “Anamules” associated with the shot. For example, if a player swings and misses the ball that player gets a Bat. If a player loses the ball in the rough, they get a Quail. A shot into the sand trap yields a Camel. All in all, there are twenty Anamules that are incorporated into the game:
- Anaconda (a four-putt, or more)
- Armadillo (the ball lands on, or bounces off a cart path)
- Bat (the player swings and completely misses the ball)
- Beaver (the swing creates a large divot)
- Camel (the ball lands in a sand trap)
- Dolphin (the ball skips across water 3 or more times)
- Double hump camel (the player fails to get the ball out of the sand, or hits it from one sand trap to another)
- Frog (the ball goes in the water after it originally lands on the bank next to the water)
- Gorilla (the player putts their ball off the green)
- Horse (a player earns four Anamules on one hole)
- Monkey (the ball goes into the woods past tree line)
- Quail (the player loses their ball)
- Ringworm (a putt lips the cup halfway around, but does not go in)
- Rock Lobster (the ball hits a rock)
- Snake (a three-putt)
- Turkey (a player earns three Anamules on one hole)
- Turtle (the ball goes directly into the water)
- Woodpecker (the ball hits a tree with solid contact, such as off the trunk of the tree)
- Wood tick (the ball hits a branch of a tree, not making solid contact)
- Zebra (the ball hits an upright yard marker)
- Each Anamule can only be held by one player.
- Anamules simply transfer from player to player.
- Multiple Anamules can be earned on each shot (ex: if the ball bounces off the cart path and lands in the sand trap, you would receive the Armadillo and the Camel).
Good play is rewarded!
- When a player scores a birdie on a hole, that player can give one of their Anamules to any other player.
- If a player scores an eagle, that player gives away two of their Anamules.
- If a player scores a hole-in-one, the player gives away all of their Anamules!
Humiliation pays… literally. There is a Zookeeper, and they have responsibilities.
- The player with the most Anamules when the beverage cart arrives is the Zookeeper and must buy beverages and snacks for the rest of the group.
- If two or more players are tied for Zookeeper, they share the responsibility and split the cost.
- The game is reset after the Zookeeper buys from the beverage cart, and all Anamules return to the zoo (no player has any Anamules, and the challenge begins anew).
- At the end of the round, the Zookeeper must buy beverages and appetizers for the group in the clubhouse.
- Keeping honor even in the midst of playful humiliation is a part of the game! It would be poor form for a Zookeeper to neglect to buy a round of food and beverages when it’s their time to do so.
…but we do have a heart (and a beverage) for the Zookeeper.
At the end of the round of golf, the Zookeeper’s first beverage is FREE at participating courses. You’re welcome.
Download the app to play!